Gloucester, MA Real Estate For Sale On the North Shore
- Simply click on your preferred price or property type and have access to listings for sale!
- Under $300,000
- $300,000 – $500,000
- $500,000 – $750,000
- $750,000 – $1,000,000
- $1,000,000 and Above
- Condos Under $300,000
- Condos Over $300,000
- Over 55 Communities
Located on Cape Ann, Gloucester is one of the oldest fishing towns and artist comunities in New England.
A mere 40 miles north of Boston, Gloucester had a population of about 30,000 as of the most recent Census.
Living in Gloucester
English explorers first founded Glouchester in the early 1600s, making it one of the first English settlements in the Massachusetts Bay area.
In 1873, Gloucester was officially incorporated as a city.
Today, Gloucester has a diversified local economy as well as a strong local arts scene.
As the city has grown over the years, local officials have divided it into five districts, each with their own city representative.
These districts are:
- Ward 1 – East Gloucester, including Eastern Point and Rocky Neck
- Ward 2 – Downtown and the Harbor area
- Ward 3 – West Gloucester, including the Heights at Cape Ann and Pond View Village.
- Ward 4 – North Gloucester, including Riverdale, Annisquam, Bay View, and Lanesville.
- Ward 5 – The Westernmost part of Gloucester, including the Wingaersheek area and Village of Magnolia.
Education in Gloucester
The entire city of Gloucester is served by the Gloucester Public Schools District, which includes 5 elementary schools, 1 middle school, and 1 high school.
Specifically, those schools are:
- East Gloucester Elementary School
- Plum Cove Elementary School
- Beeman Elementary School
- Veteran’s Memorial School
- West Parish Elementary School
- Ralph B. O’Maley Middle School
- Gloucester High School
Gloucester Community Arts Charter School is also located within the city.
Considering Relocating to the Gloucester, Massachusetts Area?
Then contact me, Laura Hall, your North Shore real estate expert!
I’ll be happy to discuss with you further what it’s like to live in Gloucester as well as answer all of your questions about the community.
To get your home search started right away, you may also want to check out some of the pre-defined Gloucester home searches I provide free-of-charge online.
East Gloucester, Ma / Eastern Point
$200,000 – $1,300,000
Sq Ft: 200 – 4,000
Gloucester | Magnolia
$129,000 – $3,500,000
Sq Ft: 700 – 4,300
Village of West Gloucester
$600,000 and up
Sq Ft: 2,600 – 3,900